IHM CFF Mission Statement:
The Immaculate Heart of Mary Children's Faith Formation (CFF) Program proclaims the Good News of Jesus Christ and teaches children to embrace the values of the Catholic Faith Community. We strive to develop in our students a strong sense of self-worth as well as a genuine concern for others. Children are taught to value themselves and all people as a reflection of God's love.
The Director of Family Faith Formation is V. Janet Harmon at IHM 22375 Three Notch Road, Lexington Park, MD 20653; Phone: 301-863-8793 FAX: 301-863-8180
Welcome and thank you for visiting our page!
Contact us by filling out the form below:
The Immaculate Heart of Mary Faith Formation Program has several LEVELS to ensure the successful progress of its students. After an initial interview all parties agree on an initial class placement or assignment. Although students are not promoted automatically and completion certificates are awarded at the end of each formation year, some students have been advanced to a higher level mid-year!
We believe that personal faith cannot be given a grade value, but we encourage the whole family to consistently participate in Sacred Liturgies, Sunday Mass and to receive the Sacraments of Reconciliation and Holy Eucharist regularly as a model for the students.
Faith Formation does not end after the Sacrament of Confirmation is conferred upon the students, but rather continues into adulthood when we are challenged daily by secular and material values which are inconsistent with the teachings of Jesus Christ.
MINIMUM Prayer and Catholic Doctrine Levels:
• LEVEL 1 -Sign of the Cross, Our Father, Hail Mary, and Glory be
• LEVEL 2- Sign of the Cross, the Our Father, Hail Mary, Glory be & Act of Contrition (concept of sin and the Eucharist)
• LEVEL 3-Sign of the Cross, Our Father, Hail Mary, Glory be, Act of Contrition and Apostles Creed (brief summary of beliefs said with the Rosary)
• LEVEL 4 children should know the Sign of the Cross, Our Father, Hail Mary, Act of Contrition, Glory be, Creed, and the Ten Commandments.
• LEVEL 5- Sign of the Cross, Our Father, Hail Mary, Glory be, Act of Contrition, Creed, 10 Commandments, & 7 Sacraments.
• LEVEL 6 - All of the above plus: Holy Days of Obligation, the liturgical year & basic biblical knowledge (Old & New Testament).
• LEVEL 7 - All of the above plus: Stations of the Cross, Life of Jesus Christ, Church History, Hierarchy of the Church, Virtues & Works of Mercy & Catholic Beliefs and Practices (devotions)
All students participate at a monthly Children’s Mass sponsored by Levels 3 to 8 from October to May.
The obligation to attend Mass on Sunday and Holy Days of Obligation is a serious one. This is not merely a matter of Parish policy. Divine law sets forth this expectation in the Third of the Ten Commandments, "Remember, thou, keep holy the Sabbath." Obviously, extraordinary circumstances such as sickness, travel, or bad weather excuse the faithful from this obligation. The elderly or disabled are not bound to Sunday Mass attendance. While an individual disregard of this precept would not constitute grave matter (and thus serious sin), habitual disregard for God's Law and the Law of the Church would.
Print this Form for Returning Students
Print this Form for N E W Students
READ OUR CURRENT BULLETIN: (click here)